The healthy habits that your child can adopt include:
- Carrying a backpack correctly with both straps, adjusting it to the correct height and ensuring only the essentials are packed, with heavier items to the back of the bag to reduce weight.
- Maintaining good posture when sitting in a classroom by keeping their shoulders back and relaxed with both feet firmly on the floor.
- Trying to reduce recreation screen time to two-hours every day.
- Eating a balanced, healthy diet and staying hydrated, helping kits to keep kids active in the playground and alert in the classroom.
- Getting enough physical activity is key for a child’s well being, so as a guide, kids should try and get at least 60 minutes of physical activity daily.
Let’s help kids practice these positive spinal health habits this back to school season and all year round. We welcome you to make an appointment as school resumes for more advice and assistance on implementing these positive health habits into your child’s daily activity. We are even able to assist with fitting your child’s backpack to suit their current level of development.